- What is the Kanban method, its principles and practices.
- To grasp the Kanban method’s key concepts: flow, flow efficiency, pull and limit work-in-progress.
- How to use and maintain an existing Kanban system.
- How to create the right Kanban system (board and policies) for your context.
- How to use Kanban to drive continual improvement.
- How the introduce Kanban using System Thinking.
The most important Kanban concepts (Flow, Pull, Limit WIP) can be counter intuitive. Therefore, the purpose of the course is to let students experience and test these concepts with multiple exercises and simulations.
- Kanban by Example
- What is Kanban?
- Kanban Agendas
- Business Benefits
- Will Kanban work for you?
- Kanban Foundational Principles
- Kanban Values
- Kanban Practices by Example
- Limit Work-in-Progress
- Manage Flow
- Make Policies Explicit
- Implement Feedback loops
- Get Started with Kanban
- How to Introduce Kanban?
- How to Follow-up Kanban?
- Build your own Kanban System