Detailed understanding of processes, functions and activities related to Service Strategy within the Service Lifecycle.
- Introduction to service strategy
- Service strategy principles
- Service strategy processes
- Organizing for service strategy
- Technology considerations
- Implementing service strategy
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Introduction to service strategy
- Full understanding of service strategy terms and core concepts.
- The purpose, goals, scope and objectives of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages.
Service strategy principles
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes.
Service strategy processes
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business.
- The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance framework and bodies.
Organizing for service strategy
- The ability to create an organizational design using the relevant development and departmental methods.
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle.
Implementing service strategy
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition, operation and improvement, programmes).
Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors.